ACUPUNCTURE TRAINING -
Year 1- Module 2
AOM "ART OF ORIENTAL MEDICINE"
Founded in 1996
General information about the course
Who can benefit from studying online ?
- Those who want flexible classes available at their free time
- Those who cannot commute to the location of their school of choice
- Those who do not have the resources to take time off work to study
- Those who want to follow a course inspired by the "Bologna regulations for Higher Education" in Europe.
- Those who want a curriculum that includes both Ancient and Modern (TCM) Chinese Medicine (most schools teach only the modern version).
- Those who are happy to attend their practical training at an end of the year retreat. Every module corresponds to 8 hours retreat time.
How can AOM help students to become mindful practitioners, rather than just needle manipulators ?
AOM recognises that we are all 'wounded ' healers (K. Jung) and that maturing into mindful healers requires a lot more than just learning protocols and notions by heart. This is why AOM makes sure that everything learnt has a transformative effect on the student.
Description of the whole course
This is a 3-year and 400 hours long 'degree level 'course. Each year is made of 7 modules comprising : a. Chinese Medicine - Acupuncture, b. an intensive end-of-the-year retreat of 15 days for practical training, c. training in Western Medical Studies. The 400 hours of clinical training follow the 3rd year. The hours below are class hours. The time students devote to studying is not given here, but it is normally calculated at a ratio of 1:2.
Each week in the semestre comprises: 5 hours (45 minutes each) of Chinese Medicine, 2:30 hours (45 min each) of Western Medical Studies and 3 hours webinar. Four weeks make one module.
This page launches
Module 2 "Chinese medicine and the discourse of resonance"
Save: €2.500! As in 2019-2020 we will be running a beta-release course, the entry fees will be €3.500, instead € 6000 per year. These fees will be kept for the whole length of the degree.
How to enrol?
A student enrols by paying the enrolment fees of €300 deducted from the annual fees, not later than the 10th of September 2019, 20 days before the starting date of the academic year.
Teacher of Chinese Medicine, practitioner, author and international lecturer
About the Instructor
International teacher and lecturer of Chinese Medicine since 1988.
Qualifications: Lic.Ac.Five Elements Acupuncture - UK, BSc(Ac) - UK, Post-Grad. Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Gynaecology, - CHINA, BA(Hons) Chinese Language & Anthropology - UK. Public speaker at congresses organised by international professional Associations.
I am a free spirit, a searcher and someone devoted to the path of learning.
I love life and because of this I teach ancient Chinese medicine, a medicine primarily concerned with supporting life, promoting alignment and healing through recreating resonance of each individual with the whole .
I have been teaching Chinese Medicine (acupuncture and Chinese herbs, qigong, Chinese medicine nutrition) since 1989, both in European Schools of Chinese Medicine and as speaker at various professional congresses in Europe, the United States and China. I have been teaching in AOM, my school, since the time I founded it in 1996.
I have written articles for prestigious professional magazines and have translated parts of ancient books from Chinese into English.
I am thrilled to share AOM online with a team of amazing, deeply humane, spiritual and superbly skilled people, who will be at my side as co-teachers.
Recommended readings - 1st year
1. 'Essentials of Acupuncture' vol.2, Z. Liu & L. Liu
2. 'The Foundations of Chinese Medicine' (3rd edition), G. Maciocia
3. Huangdi Neijing -Sowen', P. Unshuld
4. 'A manual of Acupuncture', P.Deadman, M. Al-Khafaji, K. Baker